Monday, December 30, 2013

12.30.13

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas!!  It was so good to see everyone and talk to you guys.  Everyone looks great!  Christmas was so wonderful here.  Lots of different members invited us over.  We had a nice little Christmas morning with all of the fun presents that you gave us.  Thank you so much for everything!!  We really felt so blessed with all of the love that everyone has shown us.  The days leading up to Christmas we did a little activity every night for the Christmas book that mom gave us.  We used the mini Christmas tree to decorate with all the symbols that represent the birth of Jesus Christ.  Christmas Eve we went to the Presidents house for dinner so that was fun.  They had a Christmas tree with all the missionaries pictures in ornaments.  I love all the pictures you guys all sent from Christmas,  It looks like you had a fun Christmas morning with lots of presents!! I can't belive baby Jo Jo broke her wrist!  She's just too crazy.  I hope she is feeling better.  
  So we found out about our transfers, I'm going to.......St Kitts!! yay!  I am so excited.  I'm really sad to leave Caguas because I really love it here.  I'm really going to miss all the members and investigators here.  It seems like when you finally get all settled in an area and things start to pick up, you get transferred haha.   But I know that where I'm supposed to be is in St. Kitts.  And I'm actually really excited to go there.  I've heard its really beautiful.  It will be really different though.  The culture is super different and they speak english!  Ahh I'm kind of nervous to teach in English haha.  But I'm sure it will be fine.  I just hope i don't forget my spanish :( The church is really new there, so there is a lot of work to be done!  I'm sad to leave my companion though.  I'm going to miss mi hija!

Anyways this week was full of Christmas Miracles :) One of our investigators has been in the hospital for several months.  We actually met her while we were visiting a member.  The elders went gave her a blessing this week, and we found out that after several months she was able to leave the hospital finally!  I'm so sad I'm not going to be able to teach her because I know that she is ready to recieve the gospel.  Thursday we were contacting an old investigator.  She was home and she let us in but then she went into the back room and left us with her friend.  We talked to her friend and started to teach her a lesson.  At first she seemed kind of bugged that her friend left her to talk to us haha, but then when we started to teach her and ask her questions, she started to open up.  She told us that her husband died and shared with us her experience with that and her religious background.  When she was talking, the spirit was so strong, and we could feel that she is one of Heavenly Father's chosen.  She is prepared to hear the gospel, and it was a miracle that we found her.  I'm really sad I'm not going to be there to teach her either :( Then Sunday was the 5th sunday of the month so the missionaries spoke.  My companion and I spoke and then a return missionary spoke and then the missionary couple spoke and I translated for them. I was kind of nervous to translate for the congregation haha but it went well. ButSunday was truly a miracle because one of our investigators we've been teaching for the past month whose already read half of the book of mormon came to chruch for the first time!!  And then one of the husbands of a less active member who isn't a member came to church also!  we've been trying to help him progress for a long time. And then the majority of our less active families all came to chruch also.  Everyone came!!  It was so exciting.  Anyways, today we have so much to do becasue i have to pack up all my stuff and say good bye to everyone.  But I love you all and I am so grateful for everything that you do for me.  Thank you for all the letters and gifts!!! 
Love Hermana Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment