Monday, December 30, 2013

12.16.13

Hello family!! Thank you for all the emails!  I am very excited to get the Christmas packages!  Thank you so much for remembering me haha.  This week I hit my half way mark.  Crazy huh?  The mission is going by way to fast.  It feels like just a few weeks ago I left .  We celebrated my half way mark by eating chips and salsa at chilis! Monday we had a family home evening and a less active member came it went really well.  Tuesday we went to another less actives house and hna guizado made us burritos! Yay for Mexican food.   I don’t remember what we did the other days haha but lots of work!  This week we found a few new investigators from references from the members that are pretty interested.  We also have two investigators right now that are really progressing, but they still haven’t been able to go to church because of work.  One of them, Jose, has already read 200 pages in the book of Mormon in the last two weeks!  He truly has a desire to know the truth.  The other Belkis, committed to be baptized in Februrary when she receives her answer.  She has been searching for the true church and has refused to be baptized in other churches because she wanted to find the true church!  They won’t be here for the holidays though, so we won’t be able to teach them until January. 
One of the inactive families we’ve been teaching for a few months now, came to church yesterday for the first time in years.  And we were able to teach their older daughter that isn’t a member that we’ve been trying to teach for a long time too.  The other less actives that came to church for the first time last week also came this week! We are really making a lot of progress with the less active families here. 
We have a lot of lessons planned this week with members and a lot of different ideas to help people catch the spirit of Christmas and come closer to Christ.  What a wonderful time to be serving the Lord.  I am so grateful that I get to experience a Christmas as a full time servant of the Lord!  I hope all is well at home.  Send everyone my love
Xoxo
Hermana cole

No comments:

Post a Comment